Minister Anthony B. Smith, a native of Charleston, SC, is a singer, songwriter, arranger, producer, ordained minister, and founder of Smith Gospel Music Communications. He has released the recordings, "They that Wait Upon The Lord and Go On - You Can Make It" with great success. Anthony has a Masters Degree (MSBA cum laude); Bachelors of Science Business Administration Degree (BSBA cum laude); Associates Degree; completed and graduated from International Seminary with Diploma of Practical Theology (basic and advanced); and graduated from the US Army Sergeants Major Academy (cum laude).
LISTEN TO SGM & ASR RELEASE
- Anthony's music ministry began in West Germany, 1981 where he wrote, performed and recorded his own unique style of
Gospel Music throughout Germany and England. The personal commitment, conviction, and connection of his music are expressed from the heart and spirit, because the message is authentic. He has the advantage of being able to adapt to any worship service style and present music ministry to strengthen, encourage, and reach the lost souls for Christ.
- May 1985 - Minister Smith acknowledged his call to the ministry at the Church of God, Lawton, Oklahoma under Pastor Miller.
- Nov 1985 - Joined Full Gospel Evangelistic Church formerly known as St. Peters Apostolic Church, ADEC, Columbia, SC
- Mar 1992 - Ordained by Pastor Allen D. Williams, Full Gospel Evangelistic Church (ADEC)
- Apr 1997 - Minister Smith retired from the U.S. Army after serving over 25 years of uninterrupted honorable service. While dedicated to his military career and serving as Sergeant
Major, his creativity and service to God was not hindered or limited.
- Associate Minister and Minister of Music (1994 - 2003) Gunston Chapel Fort Belvoir Collective Protestant Gospel Service, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Minister of Music (1995 - 2003) Emanuel AME Church, Stafford, Virginia and supports other local ministries.
- Minister of Music for Dale City Christian Church "Cathedral Mass Choir(CMC)
- Anthonys's music was showcased in the American Song Festival,
Kentucky Fried Chicken &
Billboard Annual Song Contest,
- 12th Mid-Atlantic Song Festival, and the National Federation
of Music Clubs
- He is the author of over 100 songs registered
and published with the Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Minister Smith and Smith Gospel Music & Records are affiliated
with Broadcast Music Incorporated
(BMI) as songwriter and Publisher,
JoAntoni Publishing Company
SESAC, ACARJA Publishing Company.
Anthony serves as volunteer and mentors to area youths.
He is one of the original founders of the CBS affiliated radio
station WPGC AM Heaven 1580 Youth choir and donated equipment and studio recording time to local amateur gospel singers/artists. He is also the music director and musician for the Alexandria, Virginia singing group "Voices In Praise".
Anthony and his wife, Chalerm, have three daughters, Antoinette, Regina and Courtney. He is a graduate (cum laude) of Strayer University,
Masters (MBSA)and Bachelor (BSBA) of Science Business Administration, Woodbridge, Virginia and Regency College, Albany NY Associates of Science (AS), and
graduate (cum laude)of the US Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas.